Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Unique URL for Filter Control selection

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey community,

I am into Google Data Studio and i am using the filter control to select a set of data for a particular dimension (called : Shop). We have 400 shops in this filter control and like to send to each of our shops a unique URL so they can have a look to there data view.

Is there any way to do this?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Frederik V,

Currently you can't do this, to my knowledge - your options would be to create a report for each store (ouch!) or share all the data with everyone, so each can see all stores via a single report.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply, do you think there is any work-around or a solution coming up in the next few months?

Frederik

Mvg,

Frederik

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Frederik V

I can't think of any suitable workaround, as for coming updates, I honestly have no idea, but this is something that has been raised by other users.

Best,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do we have any progress on this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes this would be incredibly useful. 

I would love to have a way to append filter controls to the URL.

Something like: https://datastudio.google.com/reporting/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/page/XXXX?status=approved&site=store%201

Fred I know this is possible with 'Awesome Tables' I know it doesn't have all the views you are after but it does allow you to make nice pages from google sheets. And it allows you to append filters to the URL.

Google:

Will there be any plan to implement this in the near future? 

This feature is a deal breaker for us. We need to be able to control the views via the URL.

Thank You