Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to edit datasource connector/refresh fields

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

We have a dashboard that is being designed collaboratively with another developer. However, our co-editor can no longer edit the data source connector or refresh the fields even though he has Edit access to both Google sheets as well as the Data Studio Data Source. 

Earlier we were able to do that. But now we can't. This greatly affects our ability to build dashboards collaboratively. The current setup only allows the owner to make changes to the data source. 

Cheers!

Angel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'd like to push this up as we're also experiencing the same issue for field refresh. We have one master account owning the data sources and multiple co-editors. No editors can refresh fields when the data source is modified. Only the owner can do it.

I've tried multiple ways of debugging with edit mode from the source, the report, the google drive folder,... nothing works.

This would be greatly appreciated to fix this as it blocks the ability to spread the knowledge and improve adoption of the product as it always relies on a master account to update data sources.

Help please? Smiley Happy

PS: I've read this page very carefully (https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7083608?hl=en#refresh-data-source-fields) and even thought we follow the steps, it currently doesn't work :/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. This makes collaboration on a data studio almost impossible. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello,

we experience exactly the same issue. Only the Owner can update the datasource structure.

Hopefully, the reports are still modifiable.

It's a shame, as except this issue, it's really a great reporting tool.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. I have edit permission but can't refresh fields, although according to the official docs (https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7083608?hl=en) I should be able to. Also I remember I was able to refresh fields on the same data source just last month.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 Same issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here!! Please fix! This is really inconvenient!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 Same issue. Please resolve. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

According to documentation here: https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7083608?hl=en

If we have edit permission, we should be able to refresh the data source. Please fix this issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same exact issue.