Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to download/print pdf

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team

I have created a dashboard and now unable to download it. I can see few errors in console. I have also used plugin which is not working. 

Kindly Assist

MV

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Download it in PDF you mean? If that so, it's not supported and the Chrome extension is not "approved" by GDS. So if it doesn't work, there's not turnaround here sadly.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Madhu. There is a workaround. After you've finished your report, go into VIEW mode and send it to 'print', then change the default destination to 'Save as PDF'. If you're using Chrome, you can also, within that same printer dialog, look for an option called Google Cloud Print, and select 'save to Google Drive', and from there you'll be able to access it from your gmail account.

The one problem with this method is that it doesn't allow you to save multiple page reports all at once, so you have to repeat the process manually per page. Also note that some visual elements like gradient may not show up using the Google Drive method, but ALL data and layout remains untouched so it shouldn't be a major issue. I'm pretty sure the devs will introduce the Export feature sooner than later. For now, I hope this helps!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi 

Thanks for the response but to be frank - No luck - as I can see blank page in preview. No issues with my chrome for sure but not sure why this is occurring. May be my bad - it is not working for me

Hope google solve these in no time.