AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Unable to Show More than One Metric in Graph

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to do a simple Graph showing Clicks and Impressions. 

I select both metrics and my graph shows two lines but only one of those lines will reflect actual data. The other will just show a line across the zero range. 

When I change the order of the metrics, the new top metric will then show but the previous data line will drop to zero. 

What do I need to do to get this rectified?

Graph.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tim J
November 2016

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Tim,

If you go to the style section, and to series #2, you can set the second metric to the Right Axis. This will show clicks on a secondary axis to impressions, and allow you to see the variation in that metric.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You are very likely experiencing an axis or scale issue.

I am guessing that you have a very high number of impressions compared to clicks?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tim J
November 2016

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Tim,

If you go to the style section, and to series #2, you can set the second metric to the Right Axis. This will show clicks on a secondary axis to impressions, and allow you to see the variation in that metric.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The good old Google Analytics dashboard did this in a much simpler way. So far there's nothing I've discovered about Data Studio that improves on the GA dashboard system, unless you really enjoy adding colour to your reports.