AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

URGENT: Authorization Error for view access

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We are getting authorization error for dashboard for view access. But once changed the user access to edit in data studio the data is visible.

Inline image 1

2 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Abdullah -- the image you included is broken. Can you try to upload it again? Also if you can share the report with data-studio-help@google.com and then ping this thread it could help us troubleshoot the problem. Thanks!

Re: URGENT: Authorization Error for view access

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Alon

I have already shared the report with studio-help. It is critical report for our business and some how people are not getting it. Appreciate your help. The image is also attached here for your further reference.

Thanks ,

Mahbub

Authorization_Error.png

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

I got your shared report but was able to open the report normally so perhaps this isn't an issue for everyone. I also see that the other thread has other people reporting this as of a few days ago so I'll follow up in there.

(https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Authorization-Errors-for-View-Only-Access/m-p/...)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Alon

I have shared the report with edit access to you, may be that why you can see things properly. Now the access has been changed to view, things are not right for view access only. Anyway, I am trying the solution you have requested. Lets see how it comes.

Many thanks.

Mahbub

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

I am now seeing the authorization errors you reported. Can you please try to solution I suggested and let me know once that's done so I can try again. If I still see errors then we'll do more troubleshooting. Thanks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes the solution worked. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what was the solution? i m facing the exact same issue..!! 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

agreed. what was the solution? I have the same problem. Authorization error for people that have view access level. Only one single data studio report that always worked before. Thanks

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi folks,

This was handled in the other thread cited above:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Authorization-Errors-for-View-Only-Access/m-p/...

(Edit the report, remove and re-add a component. Things should work again).

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Rick