Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Transfer FULL ownership of Datastudio (even the creation/modification of calculated fields)

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good morning, 

Different members of my team have created Datastudio Dashboards from Google sheets. One of my intern is leaving and I would like to transfer his ownership to a generic user (bi_admin@...) but I struggle to edit the calculated fields he created from his account, even if I also trandferred ownership of the underlying google sheet (the datasource). The calculated fields appear, but the blue button "CREATE NEW METRIC" doesn't. 

Am I missing something? If not, what alternatives do you see ?

Thanks for your help, 

Julien

Transfer FULL ownership of Datastudio (even the creation/modification of calculated fields)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien, 

Exactly the same problem here. Have you found a solution yet? I even tried passing the full ownership, no succes for the metrics..

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pieter, 

The only solution I found was to delete the user account and transfer all his rights to me. Then you can create it again. 

Let me know if it works for you, 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For me it was mainly that someone else will be making the report, therefor creating metrics is of course necessary.

I achieved this by letting the new person create a copy of the report. Then all figures/tables/graphs will be in the new report, only you have to connect the data again (is prompted on creation of the copy). 

Now the new person only has to create the metrics again (this is now actually possible --> blue button) and choose the correct metric in every element. It saves a lot of work creating all graphs and layout etc, does not directly solve the blue button problem.

maybe this helps someone in the future

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks

Let's hope Google takes this issue into consideration.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have the same issue here. One of my colleagues left the company and now we want to transfer the ownership of the datastudio reports to someone else. Could you explain a bit more how you succeeded on transferring all the rights? Did you create from scratch the datastudio report?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm able to do any editing the owner can on a report including manipulating data sources and calculated fields. I think all we had to do is give edit rights and [possibly] turn on field editing within the data source. This may help:

https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/6371135?hl=en&ref_topic=6370331