Guide Me
star_border

'Total' line in Data Studio table

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find a way how to add a 'total' line at the bottom of a table in Data Studio. I would like to see the summary of all the values in the table above, but can not find a way to add this. This should be a simple feature, so I'm surprised to not find it. Did anyone find a solution for this and could help me?

Thanks,

Janina

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to do that too, but don't seems to have an option anywhere I could find.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

the issue is Data Studio is more like at the alpha stage not beta, so all we can do is wait and see

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The only way around it is to import data as a google sheet format and add total manually inside the sheet. It's far from ideal but it works.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I think the feature which is needed is more like a Sub Total and Grand Total feature pretty much like what we have in Excel when we pivot.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your answers!

Alright then... seems like there is no such feature yet and all we can do it wait and hope they'll add it soon. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can add a Filter Control. By default it has the option "Show Values" which is the total sum for that metric you are filtering.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Andre, I don't see that option in Filters. Did they recently remove it or can you explain where it can be found?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can choose "show summary row" that should sum up the totals in the table!