Guide Me
star_border

Total costs

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Data Studio community,

I try to figure out how I can add together costs of several sources. I tried this with calculating fields, by now without any success.

For example: I want to create a Dashboard for Paid Search. Within the "Overall" section, I would like to add the costs for google cpc and bing cpc.

Does anybody tried it before me and has a solution for that?

Thanks in advance!
Julius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jens M
May 2017

Total costs

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jens M,

If you have this data in metrics you can quite simply make a new calculated metric which adds them together, if you don't, then I would suggest making this new combined field in your data source (or a new connected data source) and adding this to your report.

Hope that helps,

Ben

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jens M
May 2017

Total costs

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jens M,

If you have this data in metrics you can quite simply make a new calculated metric which adds them together, if you don't, then I would suggest making this new combined field in your data source (or a new connected data source) and adding this to your report.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Total costs

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I combine campaign costs from different sources (AdWords, vendors, etc) in Google Sheets and then upload the sheet as a data source in DS.

Total costs

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I don't think there is currently a solution in place to use a formula combining 2 different data sources, as suggested by +Litmon, you'll need to add the quantities in Google sheet and the import that row in GDS. Hope that helps.