1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Top Data Studio Feature Requests

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

One of the great things about Data Studio is how eASU it is to use, but the simplicity has also been a drawback at times. I'm guessing that the devs want to keep things as simple as possible, especially while they work out the bugs, but they would probably like to add the features that the community really wants too. For this reason, I thought it might be good to have a thread that lets the devs know what the community wants the most.

To make this work, I was thinking that we could simply add posts to this thread with a single feature request per post. If someone already posted something that's on your wish list, you simply add your vote for that feature by clicking the star icon to give "kudos" to that post. 

Re: Top Data Studio Feature Requests

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Add Links to Images

I think it would be great if we could add a link to an image with the following options: Link to a web page
Link to a Dashboard page
Link opens in new browser tab
Link opens in same browser tab

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Load images or videos from URLs

If we could load media from URLs, many widgets could instantly become much more versatile. Having image/video Ad previews in table, for instance, would offer more visual appeal and more clarity than simply providing the name of an ad. This feature would also provide better functionality as users would be able to apply filters or sort tables and the corresponding media would sort, appear or disappear accordingly.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Iframe or HTML Widget

Having a widget that allows users to embed content or use HTML would be a great way to extend Data Studio's current capabilities. Users could embed a chart from Google sheets that is currently not available or embed a form for example. If there were also macros for standard dashboard filters, such as {date_start} and {date_end}, the embedded content could adhere to the dashboard filters by inserting the macros into the appropriate URL parameters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Export to csv

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right now, what I need is more customization options for my bar charts:

- make font bigger for data labels

- change number format for data labels

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

- Control decimals in a bar chart (right now, it's impossible to get rid of decimal points)

- In the style menu for a chart, allow both total values and percent of total

- Allow tool tip annotations (icon that you can hover over for a definition)

- Allow dynamic date ranges (set start date to start of FY and set end date to "today" so it automatically updates)

- Allow filtering by metrics (filter out anything less than X). 

- Create a Facebook API

- Allow more than 10 slices in a pie chart

- Allow GA annotations to filter through and show up on charts (if selected)

- Allow creation of a fiscal year dimension if FY and CY aren't the same

- Allow copying the same charts and layout between different reports

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Love Data Studio - thanks Guys. Would love to be able to copy pages between reports

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I use Supermetrics to get Facebook data into spreadsheet and then just add the spreadsheet as datasource in google data studio.

Definitely need SSL support for PostgreSQL for secure connections

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Kevin L,

This is already possible. Just open both reports in different tabs in Chrome, select all the content you want to copy (mouse click>hold>drag, or if all content just press CTRL+A), then press CTRL+C, open the other report, press CTRL+V et voilà, you copied between reports. Maybe reconnect the data source. Hope this helps!