6.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Top 20 DataStudio Feature Requests...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Here are my Top 20 DataStudio Feature requests.

Please add features you would like to see in the comments below.

1. Ability to add my UA-xxxx-xx with logged-in userId tracking enabled - so I can track Dashboard usage.
  2. Last 4 weeks (Sun-Sat) time range. The "last 28 days" not ideal for week vs week comparisons.
  3. Warning if GA Sampling is triggered.
  4. Calculated metric which blending 2 data sources.
  5. WingDings font support.
  6. Info bubbles widgets with onhover text
  7. Ability to add GoogleDoc style comments from other users on the reports.
  8. Ability to embed YouTube video insight/recommendations.
  9. Ability to add dynamic text from Quill, Wordsmith or MetricStory imported into GoogleSheets and rendered as a text widget.
  10. Export GA dashboard >> DataStudio
  11. Google Search Console data
  12. QS field is missing from Adwords integration
  13. Export as PDF for all page tabs
  14. Scheduled email on 1st month with either link to report or PDF attachment
  15. Add triangles (rather than just rectangles & circles)
  16. Allow orientation setting at page-level rather than report level. Default should be landscape not portrait.
  17. Rename new data sources reports more logically, by prepending the source e.g [GoogleSheet] mysheet, [GA] master view, [Adwords] myaccount.
  18. Please make the the "last picked currency" bubble to the top of the dropdown list when setting currency field settings.
  19. Conditional Formatting. [Note]: I know I can use the stacked bar chart work around with secondary dimension integer for formatting colour.
  20. Add warning/notification if report is set to public mode and data sources are owner verified, or make get share link a double verify.
  21. Add HREF links to images & scorecards. [Note] I can add HREF links to text boxes, but this is a bit clumpy.
  22. [done] Report library: http://datastudiogallery.appspot.com/

Thanks

Phil.

Re: Top 20 DataStudio Feature Requests...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How about getting the data connection to work? I think that would be first!

Great tool overall and I think its going to provide a significant amount of value to brands and companies once the issues of actually using the tool get worked out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Add Google AdWords dimension data (specifically, call details)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree with all the above. I would also like to have access to prebuilt segments from GA and the ability to manipulate the comparison dates. The last year option goes off of date instead of day which makes comparing Monday to Sunday YoY impossible.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

- Ability to merge 2 data sources so you can see metrics from different connectors on same graph
- Ability to customize decimal place for metrics categorized as "numbers" (current default is 2, but would be great to show more detailed measurements or get rid of decimals if user wishes)
- Word Cloud option for charts
- Ability to set quarter start and end (default is starting quarter in January, which is not the case for all companies)

- Ability to display more than 5 metrics in one graph

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Just adding another one....

Pls add support for EOMONTH(Date) & today() function, so I can take the 6 days in Sept and factor up to a full month.
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio-Reports/Google-Data-Studio-Reports-YOY/td-p/67...

Currently I`m doing this in GoogleSheets but would prefer to move the calculation into DataStudio.

Predicted Total Sessions in currentMonth = SumofSessions / ( DAY(today()-1) / DAY(EOMONTH(today()-1,0)) )

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And one for me would be hyperlinks available for squares and circles (and triangles as above), rather than just text, so that we can easily make portions of the chart clickable.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ability to make / access to GA segments

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
how about gettng copy and paste to work?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Anyone else having issues recently? The pages in my report went missing and I copy and paste function stop working recently.