Data Studio
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

The server time zone value 'CDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started getting this error message since today. 

Need help urgent please!

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 6.52.58 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The server time zone value 'CDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Same I just started getting a similar message. Did Data Studio update its jdbc driver? All my connections were working fine - now all MySQL connection report this error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in the same situation. Any solution?

The server time zone value 'CDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also have the same error with all mySQL connections. In my case The server time zone value 'EEST'... Any comments from Google representatives, please? What should we do to fix it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
My server is configured with UTC timezone.
If I run the date command, it return "Fri May 12 10:44:46 UCT 2017"

Mariadb is configured as follows:

SELECT @@global.time_zone, @@session.time_zone
@@global.time_zone             SYSTEM
@@session.time_zone           SYSTEM

Unfortunately, Google Data Studio connections are no longer working (this morning).
What can I try to do?
Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This worked for us:

mv /etc/localtime /etc/localtime.bak
      ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/UCT /etc/localtime

service mysql restart

But we can't change our system timezone to UTC (because there are 2 hours of delay with our time) , our now() functions calls to database returned time with delay.

How can we fix it?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Javier. You mustn't change your system timezone. I did it because I wanted to use same timezone in system and mysql. So, if data studio work for you again only changing mysql, is it ok Smiley Happy

PD: Are you are able to change your apps mysql connection settings? You can set timezone for each mysql connection. I expect google let us configure timezone for our mysql connections (at the moment utc is the standard timezone they use) as you can do to your jdbc, odbc or pdo.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MySQL takes timezone from the System , and however, if we change the timezone onli on MySQL we get the time with 2 hours of delay too wen calling now() function.

Smiley Sad

Re: The server time zone value 'CDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Javier. Other workaround  :/

You can replace NOW() to CONVERT_TZ(NOW(), 'UTC', 'Europe/Madrid')

('Europe/Madrid' or whatever timezone you need to use)

PD: Are you are able to change your apps mysql connection settings? You can set timezone for each mysql connection. I expect google let us configure timezone for our mysql connections (at the moment utc is the standard timezone they use) as you can do to your jdbc, odbc or pdo.

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Same for me. I have so many time dependent database fields that I cannot adjust the time zone on my SQL which is already matching my server system time. As I researched this it looked like an error that existed in a MySQL jdbc connector. Maybe Google can switch to a jdbc connector that doesn't have this problem?