5.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

The Delta showed incorrect format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I used the "Compare with previous period" feature, the delta showed in an incorrect format. But when I did last month report, the format is correct. 

I tried a lot of times but it still didn't work, only for bounce rate and average duration. How can I solve it?

Re: The Delta showed incorrect format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 11.48.24 AM.pngScreenshot

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Anqi W,

If you tick 'Show absolute change' under the 'Style' pane this should fix your percentages - basically you are comparing the different between 2 percentages which shows an unexpected result, but ticking this box will show the variance.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Ben.

This helps.

But my question is that when I did the last month report, the delta just show in a right format.

The following is the result I got from Data Studio:

Bounce Rate (-23%) Avg Session Duration (+21%)

I 'm wondering can I get this percentage comparison again just like Google Analytics shows.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anqi,

Unfortunately the option to compare to previous month is not yet an option in Data Studio, you can currently only use 'previous year' and 'previous month'. Does this answer your question? Smiley Happy

Ben

Re: The Delta showed incorrect format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Ben,

Sorry I didn't put it clear.

I mean, When I first made the report (Bounce Rate and Avg duration comparison), it showed in right format (with percentage).

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 12.36.19 PM.png

Like this.

When I tick "show absolute change", it did appear in right format. But the result is not what I want. I want the above percentage change.

Can I get that in Google data studio right now?Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anqi,

I first noticed this issue last night and hoped it was just a one-time anomaly, but it looks like it's stuck around a little longer. I've been testing all the different settings, in every combination, and can't seem to find a way to fix the formatting error. This is happening for data pulled from GA, AdWords, and Sheets, so I think it's a bug in Data Studio.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Hopefully the bug will be resolved soon.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Anqi,

This also broke for me, but it's started to work. Try refreshing your report and see if it's fixed.

Cheers,

Eddie