AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Team Drives and Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All.

So I have been tasked to put together a Data Studio Report with data that is located on a team drive. When I go to chose my data source I cannot find it and I think this is because the data source is on the team drive instead of my drive. How do I fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Data Studio Report must also be on the team drive and when I select connect more apps I cannot find data studio on the list........

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Sebastian L

I'm not a team drives user myself so unable to verify this, but I believe they are not compatible with DataStudio and you must store the DS files on your individual account drive to connect to it. Is it feasible to download the file and upload it directly into DataStudio?

Hope this helps,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sebastian,

I ran into this issue myself. What type of data source are you using? If you are using a local file such as a CSV or Sheets you will not find the files in Team Drive, because Team Drives does not currently (5/23/2017) synchronize to your local drive like My Drive does. My work around is to use My Drive, which is synchronized to my local drive, and to share permission to that folder. Hope this helps...Gregg

My Drive download - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sebastian,

I ran into this issue myself. What type of data source are you using? If you are using a local file such as a CSV or Sheets you will not find the files in Team Drive, because Team Drives does not currently (5/23/2017) synchronize to your local drive like My Drive does. My work around is to use My Drive, which is synchronized to my local drive, and to share permission to that folder. Hope this helps...Gregg

My Drive download - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you move the file to your local drive and then connect to data studio, you can then move it back to the Team Drive and it will stay connected.  Hopefully google fixes this soon!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Haven't found a way of doing this with a Chromebook.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The option that I mentioned above it should work.  I used a chromebook to move the file to my local drive, connect it to datastudio, and then move it back to the team drive.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you are connecting the local file to data studio, are you using file upload or the Google Sheets connector?