2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Tableau vs Google Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tableau vs Google Data Studio. Wondering what the differences are? Look no further. Here you will find a list of 27 actual features that make a huge difference: http://www.olgatsubiks.com/single-post/2017/01/04/Tableau-vs-Google-Data-Studio

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Olga, 

as much as I appreciate your blog, being a Tableau power user myself, I find the comparison a bit lopsided seeing how Data Studio barely got out of beta while Tableau is old and refined (i used v4 back in 2008)

This suggests that most of the features you describe as missing are going to be filled on the Google side, with an obvious initial bias towards the GCP environment.

Also, pricing is not linked intimately with Analytics 360, although companies with a 360 contract can benefit from Data Studio 360, at a premium.

Finally, Data Studio is not aimed at the same population of end users as Tableau or Qlik or even Domo.

Tableau is geared primarily at analysts and data miners, people who are actually going to derive insights from the tool by selecting and segmenting and apply other data processes. Data Studio can be grossly compared to the dashboard module in Tableau, without all the features linked to data loading and element configuration. As you say yourself, for now, Data Studio mostly about creating dashboards.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Julien! Thank you for your thoughtful response. I agree with you 100%. Tableau connects to many of the Google's APIs and so it makes sense to compare these tools. There are people out there who are selecting between these tools right now. I wanted to help them.