AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Table with dates going across rather than down

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to transpose tables so that they have dates running across rather than down?

Basically, I want to turn the first screenshot into something like the example in the next screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 3.31.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-26 at 3.30.50 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher C
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Datastudio doesn't have pivot table functionality at the moment, so it doesn't allow dimension headers going across the top (just metrics). 

Your closest bet is likely to use a line chart instead of a table to have the dates go horizontal. This would obviously look different, but would be an easy representation of the change over time. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher C
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Datastudio doesn't have pivot table functionality at the moment, so it doesn't allow dimension headers going across the top (just metrics). 

Your closest bet is likely to use a line chart instead of a table to have the dates go horizontal. This would obviously look different, but would be an easy representation of the change over time. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Litmon. I have been seeing lots of threads wishing for pivot functionality. Let's hope this comes soon!