Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I have a table with basic GA data such as sessions, users and PVs. It's dimensioned by month of the year.

I wanna add YoY comparison, so for each metric, I can visualize yearly growth rates (such as % growth on Nov 16 Visits vs Nov 15 Visits).

When I select the comparison period into the Table Properties as "Previous Year", 3 new columns with Delta %s show up, but they're inaccurate, either showing 0% or - for every month. See screenshot bwlow.

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 10.04.12 PM.png

Any guess on how I can fix it?

Thank you! 

Re: Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Felipe,

In google analytics ,when you select the date range, lets say, 1Nov - 31Dec, 2016 and compare it with previous year i.e 1Nov - 31Dec 2015, & apply dimension as month of year,  you get the following table:

Googledoubt6.png 
Now, the Nov - 16 data is broken down into Nov - Dec, 2016 (which has the data)  & compared with Nov - Dec, 2015 (where data is null).

The solution I can think right now is, if you want to compare 3 metrics YoY - monthwise, you can export the data without comparing for the whole date range & manually compare the columns in spreadsheet and import in DS.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ritwik

Re: Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ritwik
But then, I won't be able to see dynamic data on the dashboard (Data
Studios). The whole point is how I report that in a dashboad

Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is a tough one,

The only solution i can think of is changing your dimension for 'Month of Year' to 'Month of the Year' but you would have to restrict your date range to a single year, otherwise data from two years would be including in the 'January' number for example.