AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I have a table with basic GA data such as sessions, users and PVs. It's dimensioned by month of the year.

I wanna add YoY comparison, so for each metric, I can visualize yearly growth rates (such as % growth on Nov 16 Visits vs Nov 15 Visits).

When I select the comparison period into the Table Properties as "Previous Year", 3 new columns with Delta %s show up, but they're inaccurate, either showing 0% or - for every month. See screenshot bwlow.

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 10.04.12 PM.png

Any guess on how I can fix it?

Thank you! 

Re: Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Felipe,

In google analytics ,when you select the date range, lets say, 1Nov - 31Dec, 2016 and compare it with previous year i.e 1Nov - 31Dec 2015, & apply dimension as month of year,  you get the following table:

Googledoubt6.png 
Now, the Nov - 16 data is broken down into Nov - Dec, 2016 (which has the data)  & compared with Nov - Dec, 2015 (where data is null).

The solution I can think right now is, if you want to compare 3 metrics YoY - monthwise, you can export the data without comparing for the whole date range & manually compare the columns in spreadsheet and import in DS.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ritwik

Re: Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ritwik
But then, I won't be able to see dynamic data on the dashboard (Data
Studios). The whole point is how I report that in a dashboad

Table comparison show 0% for GA basic data

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This is a tough one,

The only solution i can think of is changing your dimension for 'Month of Year' to 'Month of the Year' but you would have to restrict your date range to a single year, otherwise data from two years would be including in the 'January' number for example.