Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Table chart clickable link.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Team,

I have table chart and one of it's column called Description contains large text.

Is there any feature called link or anything else, where I can click on link or see entire description rather than making column width too large.  See screenshot for example. 

desc_column.JPG

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Kunal P

Event description is a calculated field ???

I think that your data source is not right. Is it a spreadsheet data source ?

You should have not good values in this field. check it

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

No, it’s not a calculated field.

Yes, Data source is Google Spreadsheet.

I double checked, Description column is text field and I don't see any garbage values there. 

I need to see Description columns entire data, if I can see data when I move mouse over that field, that will suffice my request.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Kunal,

Something is going wrong with your spreadsheet and your chart.

You should have the value " " when there is no value, and you have "null".

You can't have an "event start time" when your "Event title" is null.

You should check which data format you have in your spreadsheet for each column. 

"Event Description" should be "text" in your spreadsheet, and same in Data studio when you edit your data source

Change them if you have to in. 

Can you do a screenshot about those fields when you are editing your data source in Data Studio?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thank you, Patrick.

Yes, actually I am getting data into Google Spreadsheet through Google App Script and "Description" column format was set to automatic in google sheet. Now I changed that to plain text and it works well.

I can see detail description, when I move mouse over that column like Tool tip Text.

Thanks a lot again..!!!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Great ! You need to check the format of your others fields in Google Spreadsheet too. 

You really can't have the value "null" in your field "event title" who should be in format text.