AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

System Error - Too much data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to use Data Studio with a Google Sheets data source plugged in - it has roughly 20K rows.

Some of my data simply won't load, returning the following system error:

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error ID: 637642b6"

I'm using roughly ~13 conditional calculated fields with sum(CASE ...) syntax and as I said my datatable has roughly 20k rows.

I suspect this might be an issue of too much data/calculation going on at the same time. Any insights?

System Error - Too much data?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I doubt it's just the amount of data because I've had data of at least 100k rows in there without a problem. But I haven't tried it together with conditional calculated fields, so I'm not sure if that's what's causing your problem. I assume you've already tried shutting down your browser and then reloading and refreshing the data? 

Is the whole report, or just specific charts within the report? If it's the latter, are those charts the only ones that refer to the calculated datasets, and the ones that are working are looking at different datasets?

Re: System Error - Too much data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the help - i cleared the cache and reloaded everything and aparently its working now. Weird.

Best

Andre