Data Studio
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Stuck in a Customers Data Studio Account...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I mistakenly accepted the popup when a customer added me to their data studio account.  Now I have their Data studio account in my own as  the default.  

Unfortunately I can't remove it - I have asked them to remove it as well - but they said that I am not in their account. 

How do I remove myself from this account so I only have my own private reports? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Grant K :-)

When you click on the Shared With Me tab, at the far right of each report in the list is column of 3 dots, if you click that, do you then have an option to remove the report from your list?

If you aren't marked as the owner of a report, from what i can tell, you should be able to remove it without any issues.

eta if you need to access the report again at a later date, you should be able to do so via the Shared With Me folder on Google Drive

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

hi its not the reports that I am trying to get out of - but the account in the top right hand corner.  Every time I copy accross the default analytics report ( or any report) it puts it in this other account with no way to change it.  

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

apparently I am stuck in their "Organization" setup - but apparently they can't see me in their organization.  It looks like this is a bug. How do I report it?