AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Stacked columns - unusual behaviour - missing columns

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I'm seeing unusual behaviour with stacked columns:

- Columns are source/medium horizontally.

- Stack elements are campaign 

- Metric represented in stacks is a goal value

- Stack is sorted highest to lowest left to right by total goal value

Note the missing data - fourth from right of graph.

stacked_columns_stacks_with_campaigns.pngVertical stacks are campaigns. Horizontal is source/medium.

I think that this might be because the number of display colours available is limited to 10. The missing block of data is composed of several campaigns, but I guess there aren't enough colours to display it. So the entire stack is missed out.

If I filter the columns to focus just on email medium, I can see the missing data as there are enough colours to represent the missing stack.

I'm not sure if this is expected behaviour or a bug? Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,

Eddie

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Eddie P,

It looks as though you have identified a bug, as changing the scope of the data to a smaller view seems to format it correctly. Hopefully this will get fixed soon for you. By the way, loving the stacked graph!

Ben

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ben. The stacked graph is a really quick visual way to see the major campaign contributors to a goal - like sign-ups - in different channels.

Cheers,

Eddie