Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Specifying Specific Rows in Google Sheets as Data Source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Community!

Hopefully a straightforward one if anyone can pls help...

I'm looking to pull in specific rows from a Google Sheet tab to create a chart. There's a field in 'Options' that allows me to specify rows/cells as per the following guidance: "Optional Range lets you define a range of cells in the selected worksheet. Use standard column-row syntax to define the range: e.g., A1:Z26"  Here - https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7178497?hl=en&ref_topic=6370331

So I can put e.g.1:7 to select the first 7 rows in the tab. But does anyone know the formula if I want to select specific rows e.g 1 and 10 to 15?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carlos D
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not sure about selecting a range. But one way to do this would be to set up your data so you can use a filter. What are those seven rows of data? Is it a specific date range? Channel? If there's a dimension that you can use to identify them, then it's an easy filter on the data.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carlos D
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not sure about selecting a range. But one way to do this would be to set up your data so you can use a filter. What are those seven rows of data? Is it a specific date range? Channel? If there's a dimension that you can use to identify them, then it's an easy filter on the data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's worked a treat! Many thanks Smiley Happy