AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Some data not coming through from GA to Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I'm trying to set up some simple visualisations in Data Studio but I'm having some issues with the data that's being pulled from Google Analytics. 

Some data, such as Users, is pulling through fine, so I know the connection is working. 

However, there is nothing coming through for the two bar charts I have set up:

1) Dimension = Age, Metric = Users

2) Dimension = Gender, Metric = Users

There are not filters applied yet and I've checked that there is data for the date range I've set.

I've set up similar charts from a different data source before, so I have no idea why this one isn't working Smiley Sad

Thanks in advance.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Could you provide a screenshot of your chart properties?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you tried with Sessions instead of Users? And you're sure there is data in your demographic report within GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Litmon, this is the Chart properties screen shot thanks for your help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Samuel D, there is data coming through to GA.

I've got the same data range in the chart properties as I do in GA, this is what I can see in GA.

Thanks for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I've just tried using a different data source. When I use the data source that is filtered to only show traffic from our internal IP range, everything works fine. Does anyone know why the unfiltered data source would be causing issues within Google Sheets? 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you connecting directly from GA to DS? Or are you using Sheets as an intermediary? If the latter, is that because of sampling? It might be something in the sheets process that's causing the problem.