Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Simple Time based Calculated Time Field (that I can't do)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to list all contracts that are going to expire in the next month. If the problem was to show, all the contracts that had expired in the last month, you can set the default date range to show the last 30 days. As GDS doesn't have Default Date ranges in the future, an easy work-around is to make another Field which is; 'Contract End Date' - 30 days. Then you can use the default date ranges, but show the real end dates in a table etc.

But how do you do; = 'End_Date' - 30 days???  It keeps coming up as an error.

Also, is there an equivalent to =today()  in GDS which would prove very useful in a number of situations???

Thanks,

Paul

Simple Time based Calculated Time Field (that I can't do)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Paul,

I don't believe you can achieve what you are looking for with the current functionality of DS formulas, as you state above '= 'End_Date' - 30 days' will not work currently. Regex will have no way of knowing the current date, and you can't merge this knowledge within your reports at present (to link it to the date which GA does know). If anyone does know a way to achieve this then I am happy to proven wrong Smiley Happy

Hope that helps,

Ben

Re: Simple Time based Calculated Time Field (that I can't do)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply - I thought as much. 

Another work around, but again I don't think it's possible, you can convert a Date into a Week Number with the the week() function - but can you convert a Week Number into a Date? You could then add and remove weeks as a week number rather than actual dates.