AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Showing current date and time in a title or label ("Current as of <date>")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Is there a way in Data Studio to insert the current date/time in a text box (or some other way)? I want to do a very simple "As of <date>" title but can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks!

Showing current date and time in a title or label (&quot;Current as of &lt;date&gt;&quot;)

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I wanted to do the same thing... I tried creating a new calculated field for "MAX(date)", but that didn't work. I tried playing around with various widgets and hiding part of them... nope.

I'm afraid there's no way to have a text widget where a string would be replaced with the value from a filter control. This would be a good feature request...

Showing current date and time in a title or label (&quot;Current as of &lt;date&gt;&quot;)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I created a table where I pulled in just the max date of a dimension in Google Sheets. I did this by including the minimum rows per page (5), and sorting the dates in descending order. Then I made the table size small enough that it only showed the most recent date.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah, that's a solution Litmon, but I hate to have to go through a Sheet when it should really be something out of the box in DS.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

You could do the same thing with GA as the source.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So a kind of hacky way to do this is to make a date picker and remove its drop shadow and then place it under to your "Current as of" text box.  As long as the text box covers the date picker and is ordered in front of (think on top of) the date picker the users can not select it to edit it.