5.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Showing Ads On Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to include Image Ads and Text Ads on Data Studio reports. I Would like to be able to show the top ads with correlating stats next to each. How is this possible?

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Showing Ads On Data Studio

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Georgia P,

Have you connected Google AdWords to your Data Studio account? AdWords Connector makes this easy. Once you do, you can pull AdWords into your reports as a data source and customize the reports as you like. There is even a sample template for AdWords that you can manipulate. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But can we show the display Ads themselves ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @sm360,

I do not believe. You can make the report with Google Data Studio and then create a page of visuals and merge them all into one pdf file, word document, etc.. You can get pretty creative and make things look as you need/want.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pretty much every reporting systems show it. I think it's a must have feature for GDS. Do you plan adding it soon?

Highlighted

Re: Showing Ads On Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is driving me nuts with reporting. Creating clean, easy reports showing performance and growth is one of the most important parts of keeping clients happy each month.This is so ridiculous that you can't show the top performing ads in Data Studio.  I can create custom dashboard in Adwords with the metrics I need, but I can't duplicate the dashboard or the table elements to another account so I would have to keep rebuilding the dashboard over and over again for each account. So I decided to try Data Studio (again) and now I can copy the report but I can't get all the data I need. I just can't win here except to purchase 3rd party agency reporting software and pay per dashboard. And don't even get me started on the crappy looking PDF's Adwords exports now, and the fact that you can't export a report to PDF in Data Studio without having to export each page and then merging them together...