AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Secondary axis: Two types of chart together

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to see line chart and bar chart together. I read a thread where it says use time series chart. That works perfect. But what if I don't want time in my charts.

Example I want to plot Total no. of users of desktop and mobile in bar format and users from mumbai in line format. Can that be done in same chart but not time series?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm interested in this too. For now, I think that a line chart has to be time-bound. But, if you do use time across the x-axis, you can set the y-axis to be the number of users and do a breakdown (dimension) by location. Then, set the mumbai line to be a line and the rest to be a bar (in the style menu). You might need to create a new dimension that determines whether the user is mumbai or not (otherwise it may not group all the non-mumbai together). 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. Yes, with time on Y-axis, the solution you stated will work perfect.

But I still want a feature which will help me to avoid using time axis for making line and bar charts together.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm interested in this too, in a bit of a different context, namely to add a secondary axis for charts where the X-axis is not time-based. Currently this is only possible for Time Series-charts, not for a bar chart for example. @Google, is this on the planning to be developed?