Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Scheduled emails solution?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Each week I wait with anticipation to see if the function to send out scheduled PDF reports has been added. As the shareable links require Google account login, making a script to do this doesn't seem to be an option. Here is the link I've been trying out (the data comes from a local website called Vefgreining which is not that sensitive):

[Link removed by author]

Are there any alternatives or solutions to this? I would like to be able to send out reports are regular intervals to selected group of people, similar to what I've been doing in Google Analytics. Without this function, Google Data Studio is not a viable option for me. Smiley Sad

EDIT: Apparently, recent reports do not require login, so that opens the way to solving the problem with a script!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

now you can share with anyone without google account, it was added last month

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'll be damned... I tried it today with another report - opened the link in Incognito mode - and it demanded a login. But you are right, it works here! Thanks Mimoune! This could open the way to solving the problem with a script!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Apparently, Google uses some kind of javascript/ajax/delayed load which means that url-to-pdf converters are not able to do what's needed. Smiley Sad

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

are you trying to converting the url to pdf Smiley Happy come on people can always click to print.

ps : that's a clever idea. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yep, perhaps I'm too stuck on the PDF part. Smiley Happy It would go a long way, sending scheduled e-mails with just a link to the report, you are right.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I am really trying to understand how people use the product, as the link don't change, your audience, will get the link first, and every time they open their report thy get the latest data ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

There are basically two types of users that I need to communicate with. The first group - let's call it the innovators - loves to be able to filter the data. This group embraces the interactivity of Data Studio and PDFs are just relics of the past to them. The second group however - let's call it the conservative one - wants reports that are fixed in time. They want to know the numbers for a specific period and be able to share these findings with other people. This is the group that prefers PDFs.