AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Schedule emailed PDF exports of Data Studio reports?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I got about 30 minutes into exploring Data Studio and then realized that there's no way to schedule PDF exports through email like how Google Analytics does.

Is it just me or is this a major oversight?

The types of people who need to look at these custom reports are not the types of folks who enjoy fishing through links or dealing with document permissions.

Data Studio: A beautiful Ferrari built without wheels. Pretty to look at, but it doesn't go anywhere.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Michael,

I know you wrote this in March, but I'm with you, I still can't find an automated export feature that makes sense. I've seen this thread suggested by Google - https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/schedule-reports-in-Data-Studio/m-p/566107#M13...

<vent>

I "understand" Google's response that conceptually this is a dynamic report, the link never changes and users can access live data anytime they want (really cool).

However, when reporting to C-Levels or any other human I'm typically finding it's a push scenario instead of pull. The beauty of dynamic data may completely contradict an employee's executive summary of the said report.

IE. I built a dash to show a customer potential emerging markets yesterday. If I send them the report on Friday and they view it the following Monday the report is likely to change after including the weekend.

</vent>

For the time being, we'll likely use the export pdf extension on Chrome and send them manually. Data Studio is definitely a Ferrari, it just may not drive itself...yet?

Michael if you have any other insights I'd like to hear them, thanks for starting the thread.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tor MAAka cood ta lagea 60 menes

Bancod number one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tor MAAka cood ta lagea 60 menes

Bancod number one

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Class opening for me