Guide Me
star_border

Salesforce + Google Data Studio integration

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, guys,

I am managing the digital reporting for the company I work in. I was wondering if there was a way to pull data from Salesforce such as number of leads, and so on, and integrate them in Google Data Studio, so that we can see it together with the rest of the digital analysis data we have from Analytics, Adwords and so on.

May be just a dream, but it's worth taking a shot and asking Smiley Happy

Vlad

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Google A
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not unless you pull that data into a MySQL/Postgres database or Google Sheets and use that as a datasource in DS

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Google A
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not unless you pull that data into a MySQL/Postgres database or Google Sheets and use that as a datasource in DS

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this possible now using the "Salesforce Community Connect...By DataWorx LLC 

Connects your Data Studio Dashboard to a Salesforce"?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sure, there are community connectors out there that can do the trick, for a price.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was also playing around with the Salesforce Community Connector by DataWorx LLC, but couldn't get it to display the leads - any luck with this?

Thanks,

Dennis

Re: Salesforce Google Data Studio integration

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We did not end up trying it due to the unknown origins of the connector /
lack of info or feedback on it

-Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Likewise I couldn't get it to actually display anything. It did seem to sporadically pick up the column headers, but wouldn't actually display anything. I just kept getting 'invalid field' or 'no data'.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The main issue with the DataWorx connector is that you run into Salesforce query limits. It isn't immediately clear why or how the limit is hit, so you get a partial result set. I suppose if you are querying a custom report, with a small result set, then you might be ok.

Your only real option is to pay a higher price for the professional connectors, or to "roll your own".  You can use Google Apps Script to setup a recurring task that pulls data into a Google Sheet and then use that as your data source, but that has limits as well. Google Sheets has a 2M cell limit. That might sound like a lot, but you can hit it pretty fast. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are very happy with the G-connector to pull Data from Salesforce to Google Spreadsheet.