AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Report on checkbox usage?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I would like to know whether Analytics provides reporting details on usage of checkboxes/dropdown menus. The scenario is the following: the end user will land on a form page, where he can tick/untick checkboxes, select dropdown list values then click Submit. Then a document will be generated. Does analytics provide reporting on the number of visitors who have selected checkbox 1, checkbox 2 before clicking submit? The idea is that we would like to know what are the most popular checkboxes, which ones are not used etc so we can improve the form over time. Thanks in avance!

Re: Report on checkbox usage?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you AT. Your link refers to events that action something, like a video launch, do you know if there is any documentation available on events like a click into a form field, the selection of a picklist value, the tick of a checkbox even without submission of the form?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Check this article: http://www.simoahava.com/analytics/track-form-engagement-with-google-tag-manager/ it provides a good guidance on the implementation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for this! This is exactly what I was looking for.