Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Report Sharing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I'm loving this new product but after spending the day playing with it and getting a killer report setup for clients, I am running into trouble with the most important part, the sharing! Help docs here from Google say we should be able to share like we do via Drive but no matter what I try, you still have to log in to a Google account just to view. For me, there's absolutely no point to this software without the ability to share with clients who aren't Google account holders, which is almost all of ours. Is there an ETA on a fix to this issue?

Many thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob C
July 2016

Re: Report Sharing

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Jacob

Thanks for your interest in Data Studio!

At the moment, sharing a report does require the viewer to have a Google account (i.e., an @gmail.com account). We are looking into changing this, so please stay tuned.

Best

Rick

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your post to the Community.

Has this issue been resolved? If not let me know and I shall assist you further.

Best,

Shannon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Shannon,

Thanks so much for your note. Unfortunately there hasn't been a solution yet. I just checked again before emailing you and folks still aren't able to view the reports without logging in even when I have "anyone with a link can view" selected in the sharing options. It's a total bummer as I'd love to use this product as opposed to analytics dashboards that I've been using. I appreciate any assistance you can give towards a resolve.

Thanks again,
Jacob

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Jacob,

My pleasure. I will look into this for you next week and give you a status report.

Best,

Shannon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Shannon,

I'm sure you're super busy but I'm just wondering if you have any updates on the inability to share these reports. I don't want to keep wasting your time and do want to stop wasting my time if they cannot be shared. I just tested it again and it still doesn't work as described. Many thanks.

Jacob

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hey Jacob,

Do you not have the share option in the upper right corner?

as in this screenshot (link)

http://prntscr.com/byoabi

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Theo,

Thanks for your message. I do have that option to share and have tried it numerous times without success as what is shown in your screenshot looks great but doesn't actually work as expected. The share link created like the one you have there in your screenshot says it's open for anyone to view but that's not the case at all. At the point you're at, if I were to try to open the link in an incognito window to view the report, I am greeted with a login screen. So there is currently no way to share these reports with someone without them having a Google account that they must first log into - or at least I haven't figured out how. So the question I keep asking is when will this platform have that same ability that is already built into Drive? Or maybe there is no plan to make these reports shareable that way? Many thanks.

Jacob
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob C
July 2016

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Jacob

Thanks for your interest in Data Studio!

At the moment, sharing a report does require the viewer to have a Google account (i.e., an @gmail.com account). We are looking into changing this, so please stay tuned.

Best

Rick

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hey Jacob,

I use the share functionality cross browser without issue. Have you tried
other browsers/machines?

-Theo
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Rick,

Thank you SO MUCH for shedding some light into this functionality. I cannot stress to you how awesome these data studio reports are but I can't spend another moment on this product until folks can actually see the reports! Figures crossed for a quick fix before we get too invested in another reporting product. Thank you again for your response, I really appreciate it.

Jacob