Data Studio
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

Report Breaks Regularly "One or more of the data sources used in the this report is not attached .."

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This happens all the time... maybe not on the same day, but regularly - Why? 

It's been a few days since I looked at my four page report and today I opened it, and I got, as usual, 

"One or more of the data sources used in the this report is not attached to the report"

and then I can Resolve or choose Maybe Later. 

 

When I choose Resolve, it comes up with "unknown data source"  - that I cannot see how is possibly used in my report. If it is, It doesn't need to be.

 

*** How can I fix this??? I love the report and want to share it, but I can't at this point because it keeps breaking.*******

Screen Shot 2016-08-03 at 5.39.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-03 at 5.38.42 PM.png

Re: Report Breaks Regularly "One or more of the data sources used in the this report is not att

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar problem. My report uses GA as the report level data source, and everything works great until I try to add another data source like a Google Sheet. It's really unfortunate considering they are all Google products and this is exactly what Data Studio is supposed to do.

Re: Report Breaks Regularly "One or more of the data sources used in the this report is not att

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had this exact same problem but figured out a solution and figured I would post in case anyone else encountered it.

I had an "unknown data source" that I couldn't delete - it said it was used in the report but not connected. All of my individual data was using attached data sources and on the report level the data source was a valid one as well. So I couldn't figure out why it was saying my report had this "unattached data source" connected to it. Turns out that this unknown data source was still connected on the page level to my report. When on a particular page, select "current page setting", and then make sure Data Source selected is a valid one. Once I updated this, my unknown data source disappeared from my "Manage Data Sources" table.

 

Report Breaks Regularly "One or more of the data sources used in the this report is not attached .."

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I may have found somewhat of a fix for this. I tried the other method mentioned by Elizabeth S above of adding the source at the page level but that kept being reset and didn't ultimately fix the issue.

 

I then copied the report to a new report after adding the data sources back to each field, and kept the data source I wanted when it asks you to select a data source to copy the form. I still get an error of "Cannot find one or more of the Data Sources configured in this Report" but after checking multiple times from another gmail account the report is shared with, and opening and closing the report multiple times in the owner account it appears that the source is now permanently attached to the report. Who knows how long it will work for, but give it a shot and it may work for you as well.  

Report Breaks Regularly "One or more of the data sources used in the this report is not attached .."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This did the trick for me. Thank you!