2.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to replace the No Data label in DataStudio reports with a 0 instead? I would be looking to do this with the Google Analytics data source as well as a custom data source I have in Sheets. Thanks in advance!

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would be very helpful! I have the same issue!

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need this too!

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would love to know the answer as well!

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also love this functionality

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have any news on this? It's very frustrating.

I've tried writing calculated fields using Regex_Replace, but it doesn't seem to work. I understand that "No Data" is valuable as a potential indicator that there's something wrong with the data connection, but we should be able to selectively overwrite it. 

Replacing No Data with 0

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm not sure what to do about data from Google Analytics, but if you have an underlying spreadsheet and you're seeing "No Data", you can re-write your spreadsheet cell to display as "0" instead of an error or a blank value.

For example, if your spreadsheet cell uses a formula like "=myFormula", you can convert it to =if(myFormula='',0,myFormula. Or, =iferror(myFormula,0)

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for posting that, Drew!

It's a great solution if you're using Google Sheets, or an uploaded file, but my issue is with direct GA data.  

Replacing No Data with 0

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

A release appears to have been made on April 27th to enable reporting 0 instead of "no data" to fix this: https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/6311467?hl=en#april-27-2017

Replacing No Data with 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, too bad they still havn't added this for table reporting yet.