Data Studio
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Removing the bottom link on embedded report?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I've been keeping an eye on Data Studio's updates and testing the product for the past few months, and I'm impressed by its scope and ease of use so far... at least for display GA data. 

My favorite new addition is the embed feature, since now I'm able to share GA data on our intranet. My biggest concern, however, is that any user can click bottom link and get transported to the actual report in a separate tab, copy the link in the address bar, and share it with anyone. To me this adds a security risk I can't afford.

I understand the embed code has the same link, so theoretically anyone can look at the source code and extract it, but at least it's not there in plain sight. 

Are there any workarounds that doesn't involve making the report private, or pre specify a list of emails?

Thank you, 

Mo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mo B
October

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

That setting, while very useful, didn't promote the desired behavior.

... but I think I was able to find a temp workaround:

I basically had the iFrame in a div with a fixed (shorter) height, and with overflow set to hidden. 

Pro: the link at the bottom doesn't show, and users have no way of going to the report without revealing the source code

Con: The "last updated" timestamp is also hidden as a result. But I'll take this lesser evil. 

Thank you,

Mo

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You should be able to stop people going to the report in the share settings. I would suggest doing the following:

Go to your embedded report in Data Studio

Go to Share Report > Advanced

You should then see these 2 boxes at the bottom:

1. Prevent editors from changing access and adding new people

2. Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers

Tick them both, and then if someone does happen to click on the report, they will not be able to share it with anyone, or make a copy. However, I am unsure if this would stop someone from copying the link.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mo B
October

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

That setting, while very useful, didn't promote the desired behavior.

... but I think I was able to find a temp workaround:

I basically had the iFrame in a div with a fixed (shorter) height, and with overflow set to hidden. 

Pro: the link at the bottom doesn't show, and users have no way of going to the report without revealing the source code

Con: The "last updated" timestamp is also hidden as a result. But I'll take this lesser evil. 

Thank you,

Mo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any chance you could share exactly how you set that up? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am experiencing the same issue. Did you able to disabled it?