RegExp filter works for bar but not line chart[ Edited ]
April 2017 - last edited April 2017
I have two charts with the same filters. When I put the filter on the bar chart, the data comes out right (I'm filtering by RegExp for specific pages on the website using pageviews as the metric). When I put the filter in the line chart, the line stays strong in 2015 and then peters off to nothing in 2016.
I've tried re-creating the line chart, I've tried copying the bar chart and then changing it to a line chart. Every time I have the filter on the line chart, the lines drop. My line chart has the dimensions of month across the X-axis, pageviews on the Y-axis, and then a dimension breakdown by year. Data is pulling from Google Analytics.
RegExp filter works for bar but not line chart
The problem seems to be coming in with the month and year. I can have a line chart with the X-axis set to date or month of year, but when I set it to month with a breakdown of year (to have separate lines), that's when the data goes strange.
The way I've created month is to create a calculated dimension = month(date) and year is year(date). It seems to work in all the rest of my line charts except it's interacting strangely with the filters in this one.