AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4K members online now
4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Recover a Previous version of GDS Report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to recover a previous version of a google data studio report?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That you deleted? If yes, there's trash can in the DS's user interface. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What if it's not necessarily deleted, but just changed... (pages were deleted).

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think it's possible, sadly. But if someone else has the answer, I'd like to know too! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A couple tables of mine that took a while to generate disappeared with an update to GDS, I'd like to find a way to get them back rather than having to re-create them.

Re: Recover a Previous version of GDS Report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is an odd ommission. Even if you don't lose pages or report items, you might be playing around with a report trying to get a certain chart / table / graph working, when you decide, screw this. Let's just leave hte report as is..... But you can't close the report and choose "don't save" as you would in Microsoft Office. Instead, you now have to meticulously work backwords and undo what you've been experimenting with. If you're going to force "auto save" onto users, then allow them to go back to a snapshot in time... please Google?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Sorry, folks. Currently, Data Studio is "real time only," with no notion of versioning.

We know this is an important feature, so it's on the radar, but for the moment, best practice is to make a copy of your report before doing any major revisions.

Best regards,

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good to know it's on the radar. Thanks for the suggested work-around.