Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Receiving: One or more of the data sources used in this Report is not attached to the report message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep receiving this error message "One or more of the data sources used in this Report is not attached to the report" even though the data source is attached.  If I choose "Maybe Later", the report generates and is fine.  However, I need to send this to stakeholders and do not want them to go through this step.  It just started happening and won't go away no matter what I do.  (I have disconnected the data source entirely and reconnected - did not work.)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim P
March 2017

Receiving: One or more of the data sources used in this Report is not attached to the report message

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear that is happening.  

By any chance, are there filters in that report? If so, can you check the Resources > Manage filters menu (while editing the report)? I have seen instances where a broken filter actually triggers this error message. 

Hope this helps!

Rick

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kim P
March 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear that is happening.  

By any chance, are there filters in that report? If so, can you check the Resources > Manage filters menu (while editing the report)? I have seen instances where a broken filter actually triggers this error message. 

Hope this helps!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This worked perfectly.  I had some invalid filters that needed to be removed.  Once I did that the report open without being flagged as having issues.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Kim,

Glad that worked!

Best,

Rick

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm having this same problem too. I've clicked on everything in my report and none of the filters have the exclamation point that says that they're broken. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not actually have a broken filter - when I went to Resources>Manage Filters, I found a list of invalid filters.  (I had set some up for the individual charts/graphs, when I switched to a report level filter, it made the individual filters invalid.)  Once I removed them, the problem went away.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So pleased to have found this - I had this happening in multiple reports as I'd copied the same issue from report to report.

Edit > Resource > Manage Filters > Delete the one that has an issue.