AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Re-aggregating metrics are not supported.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for a radiology company. Some of my text data is set to "count" so I can accurately count the number of MRI, CT, X-Ray, etc. that we recieve daily. I want to run the Max and Min numbers/month, but am unable to re-aggregating metrics. Is there a way around this to be able to count the max/min number of referrals we receive?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have asked the same kind of question a while ago, got no responses that helped my situation. I would love to know why re-aggregation isn't supported. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Try duplicating the metric and then change the aggregation type on the duplicate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue, it tried the duplicating, but doesn't work - another idea? THX

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

When you say "it doesn't work," what does that mean? Could you list out the steps you're taking and the errors or results you're seeing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You currently can not re-aggregate metrics in Data Studio.  It's a limitation in the program but there is also a logical reason for it in database design (though I suspect Data Studio can work around this).  It is super annoying and limiting, I agree.

I can't answer to your specific case, but the way I got around it was to go back to the original data source (which was BigQuery in this case) and build new tables with the aggregates I needed already calculated and then bring that into my Data Studio project.