AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Pulling Data from Analytics or Adwords from a specific product/SKU

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i am just started working on Google Data Studio and trying to get the hang of it. 

i am looking to pull data from a specific SKU/Product ID 

now i try using the Filter option but it breaks the DATA

can some one point me in the right direction. 

Schermafbeelding 2017-02-12 om 07.54.46.pngSchermafbeelding 2017-02-12 om 07.54.39.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pim B
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Whoa, that's one big question :-)

No there is no type-in filter *yet*. Right now you only have the option to check boxes.

But the filtering does not change the fact that SKU reports can only be applied to eCommerce reports in GA and as such do not mix well with other report types.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, you can't query both Adwords and product data using the API (and therefore DS).

Right now you would need to go into Google Analytics Adwords (or custom) reports and use a product-based segment.

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot I will try that . And one more question can I make a typing filter ? So a filter where I can type in a (SKU) name that then will show all data of that sku ? And if I type in another sku name it will change to the other data ? Or is filter only for box selecting ? And not typing 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pim B
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Whoa, that's one big question :-)

No there is no type-in filter *yet*. Right now you only have the option to check boxes.

But the filtering does not change the fact that SKU reports can only be applied to eCommerce reports in GA and as such do not mix well with other report types.