2.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Pulling AdWords custom columns on Data Studio

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello. I've created a Data Studio dashboard which pulls data from a Google AdWords account, but "custom columns" which were created in AdWords (campaigns tab) seem to be unavailable in Data Studio. It is an issue, since it means that Data Studio doesn't allow me to extract specific conversion names - for instance Installs, Leads, etc.

Do any of you know how to extract specific conversion names (as they were defined in AdWords) rather than just "conversions"?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eyal J
January

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The Conversion Name dimension in AdWords is called Segment Conversion Type Name in Data Studio.

You should be able to add this dimension to your tables/graphs or use it in a filter to split out your different conversions.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eyal,

I have the same problem and would love to know how to import these custom columns. Hope to get an answer soon, the same with GA metrics from AdWords, I cannot see them in my reports. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have the same problem here. The only work-around I could think of was deducting the conversions from all-conversions. Thus All conversions (transactions+store-visits) minus transactions. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's also a way, unfortunately I have 3 types of conversions. 

Thank you a lot for sharing! Hope they will fix it. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eyal J
January

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The Conversion Name dimension in AdWords is called Segment Conversion Type Name in Data Studio.

You should be able to add this dimension to your tables/graphs or use it in a filter to split out your different conversions.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Sian.

I guess it wasn't available back in April.