Data Studio
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Product SKU's from multiple Products within the same Transaction ID in one tabel row

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Question: I would like to show Product SKU's from multiple Products within the same Transaction ID in one Tabel row in Data Studio. Is this possible?

Scenario: I've connected Google Analytics to Data Studio. In Analytics, every eCommerce Transaction has a few Products which are always the same. The Product SKU's within these Products may vary. For example: every Transaction ID contains a Product called 'Brand' and a Product called 'Model'. The real brand- and model names are stored in the Product SKU, for example: 'Ford' (in Product 'Brand') and 'Mustang' (in Product 'Model').

I'm aware that this may not be the right way to use the eCommerce tracking but it worked for me so far!

The following table is the desired result.

data-studio-table-example.jpgdata-studio-table-desired-result

For now I only got it working with multiple rows for every different Product. This means that two rows contain the same Transaction ID, & Date but one row contains the 'Brand' and the other row contains the 'Model'. This is not ideal for reporting the data.

I hope there is a solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark H
March 2017

Product SKU's from multiple Products within the same Transaction ID in one tabel row

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That's not exactly how GA transactions work and you're correct, you're not using ecommerce right. As in "not at all" ;-)

You're better off using a single product ID and using data import to upload product name, brand, etc.

Back to your reporting issue: transactions and products use two separate accounting systems so you can't associate product IDs (and related details) with transaction IDs (and related details). Transactions are session-based whereas products are transaction-based.

If you want to transaction IDs and still see product performance, use Unique Purchases as your main metric and work from there.

Try the shared report here:

https://datastudio.google.com/open/0By_yKR1xrefEaGtYVUlHS2RTbms

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan