1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Problems using MySQL conector

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Data Studio is finally usable in my country Smiley Very Happy  I have tried the last 48 hours to connect MySQL databases to Data Studio with no result, the Data bases are from E-commerce websites that runs in Web-hosts, I tried with 2 different hostings following the documentation with no result I keep reciving the error "The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request."

Can Anyone have any idea why the error and how to solve it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My guess is that the database binds to a network range that excludes the Data Studio connection, by default MySQL only accepts connections from 127.0.0.1.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I suspected the connectors(Mysql/Postgres) are highly unstable(unusable).

Have a look here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Error-when-using-postgresql/m-p/903201#M2999

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It works more or less flawlessly for me, but it may differ day to day? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem was the error message was not specific at all, schema could be just one of the causes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, and I tried it with different web servers and I don't really get it to work, if the error message where more detailed I will know what to do 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same error message "server encountered an internal error". What I can add to the discussion: In the very beginning I was actually able to connect to my database and pick tables/select data. However a few hours later it stopped working for this database and I am also not able to connect to any other database, credentials correctly entered and everything unchanged.

In consequence I am not sure if there is anything you can actually do. The fact that it worked and then stopped while everything stays as it were indicates an internal problem. Happy to get your suggestions what to try, though.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

we had a working connection but since last week it is not possible to connect our MySql databases anymore...

The charts which already were connected just show this error:

Failed to execute connection with error: The server time zone value 'CEST' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

In our case is the summer time in Europe the problem but no solution at the moment :/

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I had the same problem. Removing the spaces from my column names in my table solved the issue.

greets

J

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If you have already opened access to the IPs, you need to restart your firewall service for it to take effect.