AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
5K members online now
5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Problems Adding a Google Spreadsheet Data Source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been adding several Google Spreadsheets to a report in Google Data Studio. When I tried to add my most recent data source, the "connect" button goes missing as soon as I enter a specific worksheet's fields. I'm therefore unable to move forward with connecting the data source to my report. I have tried logging out and logging back in as well as restarting my browser and computer with no luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar problem creating a new data source with the Google Analytics connector.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar problem creating a new data source with the BigQuery connector.

Re: Problems Adding a Google Spreadsheet Data Source

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Well, i tried and i saw where is your problem.

To solve it, follow those steps.

In your report in Data Studio, add a new page.

1 - click right on the page content and "select settings for this page"
2 - Select "Data" and click on the arrow after the text "Data source", it will display your "added data source" and "available data source" by type
3 - click at the bottom, on the button "create a new data source"

If it's the first time that you add a new data source in your report Data studio, you need to answer 4 askings in the form.

4 - After this, you can select your connectors data source, elements, spreadsheets...
5 - Click on "associate"
6 - Click on "Add to the report".

I hope it will help you all.