Data Studio Shows 116,786

Increasing date range seems to compound the difference 

Any thoughts,

Thanks!!

Prior year Studio Data does not Match GA

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

What viz are you using in Data Studio? Table? Chart? Scorecard?

Depending on what you are doing Data Studio can be sampled and doesn't give you any indicator that it is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Chart and Scorecard, just thought it odd current year matches previous year does not for around the same number of sessions.  Thought I had read sampling does not start until around 500k records

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The sampling limit can be met easily with ~120k sessions if you apply secondary dimensions, filters etc so was curious to know what your report looks like.

But in the case of using just a Scorecard, this should not be sampled as it's a standard metric/report in GA with no filter/secondary dimensions applied.

Are you comparing the Scorecard with Sessions to the standard Audience report in GA with no filters/segments applied on either?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In Analytics Using Audience Overview, Sessions Score Card with just date range filter to display 2017 vs 2016 on sessions and the Score Card in Studio same date range no filters.

Interestingly today GA shows 116,819 vs the 116,807 it showed yesterday for the 6-5-6-11-2016 but still lower than Studio despite indicating using 100% of Sessions 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

My only guess is that for some reason your Scorecard is getting sampled because you're doing a Date Range comparison.

If you create 2 separate Scorecards, 1 for 2017 and 1 for 2016, with no date range comparisons do the numbers line up to the GA for the same date ranges?  I would check the date ranges individually in GA for good measure and not use the comparison.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Truly appreciate your time, Created a separate report in GA.

In the new Custom GA report - The 2017 number jumped and no longer matches the GA Audience Overview or Studio for the date range of 6-04-2017 - 6-10-2017. 

In the New GA Custom Report the 2016 Number stayed the same (matches the GA Audience Overview Session count, but does not match Data Studio Session count