Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Postgres tables not in public schema throw "relation does not exist" error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been trying to connect my Postgres DB to Data Studio without luck. 

I'm now able to add a data source, add it to a report and create a widget, but when data is queried I always get:

Error with SQL statement: ERROR: relation "<table_name>" does not exist 

It seems to work if the table is in the public schema, though.

Is it expected to fail with other schemes? Or am I missing something? 

Thanks in advance

Postgres tables not in public schema throw &quot;relation does not exist&quot; error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here, Any help?

Postgres tables not in public schema throw &quot;relation does not exist&quot; error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also having this issue; I can see the columns coming from the table but when I attempt to use the data I get this error. There are no other tables/data sources used in my report that should require a relationship

Re: Postgres tables not in public schema throw "relation does not exist" error

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am facing this issue too. One user found that using Postgres views is a potential work around:

E.G. 

CREATE VIEW br_fb_ad_accounts AS SELECT * FROM br_fb.ad_accounts;

Original post: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Getting-configuration-error-on-PostGres-Data-S...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Aaron,

Unfortunately this doesn't resolve my issue. I already figured out that the Schema was part of the issue and attempted to port some of my data to tables without any schema. This allowed me to view the table data but still doesn't allow me to structure the data with a VIEW and see the restructured data from the VIEW even when the VIEW doesn't have a schema. I need to view my logs like that article suggested to see what is actually being requested to see if there's some other solution I can adapt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi- Just curious, has anyone ever found a resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem.