AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

[Possible Bug] Wrong formula result

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I've build a simple formula for a new metric for my Dashboard:  Revenue - Shipping  as you can see bellow (My Datastudio is in Brasilian Portuguese) :

A.png

But when I see the value of this metric on my Dashboard, the result of the formula doesn't match the individual Values of Revenue - Shipping. It shows very odd results: 

B.png

In the example above we see: Revenue(Receita) = 1,0 millions  Shippping(Frete) = 25,5 thousand  but (Revenue - Shipping) =  R$ 370,6 thousand  !! Impossible result. 

I've guaranteed that all "squares" with the same name in the image above have exactly the same configurations only different metrics. I've copied and pasted them and just changed the metric.  

Can someone help-me please?

Thank you in Advance,

Carlos

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carlos A
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Perhaps there's something in the formula for revenue-shipping that's throwing it off? I notice you have a number of different revenue and shipping numbers on your dashboard, perhaps the wrong one got pulled into the calculation?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carlos A
June 2017

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Perhaps there's something in the formula for revenue-shipping that's throwing it off? I notice you have a number of different revenue and shipping numbers on your dashboard, perhaps the wrong one got pulled into the calculation?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Litmon,

You're right! It's probably a filter problem. I've removed the filters and the results started showing right. 

Thank you for answering!