4.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Percent Total in the Data Studio Table

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I create a percent of total in the Data Studio Table?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Data Studio does not support % of total in tables at this time but you can add a visual representation of the same thing by changing the Style of the table's series from number to bar. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Depending on what people are looking to show you can show percentage of source by creating a pie chart and changing the label to percentage. Using this approach I was able to show percentage breakdown of traffic sources.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi gang, 

We are working on this feature. Until then, the solutions offered here are good ones.

Thanks for your patience!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick

Sorry to pester but do you know when % of total will be available in data studio?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could you add option in Stacked Bar Chart (100%) to show the % Label and not only the "Number" Label

You did show the % in the mouse-hover balloon...

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi all, 

Just closing the loop on this old thread:

We rolled out table summary rows last month:

https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/6311467#september-6-2017

Hope this helps!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Actually the table summary row doesn't fix this issue.

What we're asking for is not a summary row, but for a column i.e. if the rows represent traffic sources then for a column showing the % of visits which each source provides, as is provided for each row in the visits column in GA UI.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick,

As s6mike points out, while useful in its own right, the table summary row does not solve this issue.

Percent of total is a really useful method of displaying basic context to data, and its absence is disappointing - especially when the calculation must be being used in the background to generate the column bar.

I'd like an option to use either number or percentage or both, similar to the table summary row's checkbox.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Matthew,

In the Table Properties-Data pane click a "123" icon on the metric. A small drop down list will pop up. In this list go to "Analytical Function" in the bottom and select "Percent of Total" option. The metric in a table will be displayed as a percent of total.

Hope this helps.

- Elena