2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Percent Change between two ScoreCard values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to do a percent change between two ScoreCard Values?

For example, I've created a ScoreCard with this week sessions, and a ScoreCard with last weeks sessions.  I would like to create a percent change ScoreCard for better visualization. 

I know that you can create a table that provides a percent change when you compare date ranges, BUT the previous date range data does not visualize.  Only the percent change.

-Michael K.

Re: Percent Change between two ScoreCard values

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
No, you can't do that for 2 arbitrary score cards BUT for a case like this when you're comparing two consecutive time periods, you can show the percent change from the past two weeks by going to the "This week" scorecard and in the "Date Compare Type" section (located right under "Default Date Range"), select "Previous Period." This will show the percent change between this week and last week under your "This week" scorecard.

Re: Percent Change between two ScoreCard values

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you look into this some more? It's really a huge hole in the reporting out of data studio and should be addressed.

Here are a few examples of how I would use it.

1. I want to take our transactions from data source Cloud SQL (scorecard 1) and divide them by total users data source Google Analytics (scorecard 2) and display a % number to get a conversion rate. I don't want to use google analytics eCommerce data , so no need to suggest that. It's never 100% accurate, so I want to pull directly from our admin (Cloud SQL)

2. I want to take total users to a specific group of pages (I have to create filters for this) via google analytics and divide them by total users to another page via google analytics to get a %. This would be a way for me to manually build a funnel or to simply show % for metrics that I track daily (i.e. what percentage of total users got to our catalog pages)

Please if you have any suggestions on how this can be done differently, I'm all ears, otherwise I hope you can consider looking into adding this feature.

Best,
Dustin

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Really hope this gets added soon. Can we breathe some life back into this request? 

I created another post and titled it The Most Overlooked Feature Of Data Studio That Is Holding Back My Report (% between 2 scorecards), so jump on over there if you like this one. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This feature would be amazing. I see two ways to do that

- Named scorecards: this way we can create specific calculated field based in the name of the scorecard.

- Simply link two scorecards and add a percentage in comparison section.

I'm looking for solutions and have a lot of persons trying do that. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep trying to pull together the report I need and every time run into this issue as a stumbling block. I have no reasonable way to get the numbers I want, and that's frustrating. I've been battling my report for days now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Me too.  Leaders really like to understand change and to do any kind of change based on filtered scorecards is impossible.  I'd even be happy if I could put filtered values into a chart (ie. different filtered values of same metric).