AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Optimize and Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I was wondering why “Experiment Name” isn’t available as a dimension in Data Studio. We can find “Experiment Id” but not the name-dimension. Are you planning on releasing it soon?

Optimize and Data Studio

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Did you try searching for a new Dimension from your Analytics and Adwords imported data?

Check out this old thread, it might help you out.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Custom-Dimensions-From-Google-Analytics-Where-...

Optimize and Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, it's not available. Have you used Experiment Name in Data Studio? 

Optimize and Data Studio

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, actually, Data Studio will take the experiment's data you have in Google Analytics. So, your Optimize experiment should come with an ID (in GA, under Behavior/Experiments, you should have the info). From there, just pull the variants (dimension), sessions (metrics) and conversions (metrics) you want to. 

Optimize and Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you checked to see what the data field is named in your data source? 

Optimize and Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Samuel, the problem is that if I only have the dimension "Experiment ID" and not "Experiment Name" the dashboard and metrics wont be very intuitive for the viewers Smiley Happy 

Optimize and Data Studio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It not available in the data source, only "Variant" and "Experiment ID" as experiment related dimensions.