4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Number of charts would exceed the allowed limit in this page

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm disappointed that there's a limit to the number of charts you can have on each page of a report, an option to override this would be good, what is the reason? I assume that you would start getting time-outs or something similar?

The only reason I've posted is that I'm making scorecards with specific filters on, and was surprised that there' a limit. Spreading the data out over multiple pages, while still an option, isn't an ideal solution.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've run into this problem too. And while I'd love to be able to put more charts on one page, I've noticed that it does considerably slow down my dashboard loading.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I finally ran into this issue as well! I have a view with scorecards to keep track of multiple programmatic campaigns just to find that I exceeded the count!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi folks,

Sorry for the inconvenience with these limits. As Litmon pointed out, pages with too many charts will suffer from poor performance.

Just curious as to exactly how many charts and of what kind you are putting on the page before the error messages pops up. 

Best regards,

Rick

Re: Number of charts would exceed the allowed limit in this page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So the way I'm using this is as an overview for my campaigns coming through a specific vendor. I have a couple sources for the data and it's working extremely well.

Here's a snapshot of the layout:

Screenshot of Delivery ScorecardScreenshot of Delivery Scorecard

I know I could probably just set up a table with this information but this layout is so helpful to take a look at how things are running.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

@Seth M: Are each of those charts scorecards? Does each teal colored box have only one chart, or do some have multiple? (Trying to get an idea of the actual number of charts on that page). 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Rick E

Each of those boxes is a scorecard. It actually goes on further but I could only get that many in a screenshot. I basically set that up  for each client that we are running a programmatic campaign for through this particular vendor. I use this view to kick off our weekly calls where we review campaign performance just to make sure we're delivering on track before diving into the more detailed client-specific dashboard.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

It might not be as pretty, but a table might give you the info you need without running into the limit.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Another idea would be to split some of the scorecards onto another page instead of trying to keep them all on one.

Highlighted

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I did think about doing that. Instead I opted to put fewer scorecards under each since I have a separate dashboard that is more detailed. At least this will give me a good sense of delivery.